Time for another challenge with Crazy 4 Challenges group! This time it’s a sketch – one of my favorite type of challenges. Here’s the sketch.
And here’s my card –
Good ol’ Brownie the Cow on a Pop It Ups Rectangular Pull Card! He’s celebrating ! The background stamp is Stampin UP’s Hardwood. Love the barbed wire – it’s the Pop It Ups Western Edges.
The party’s gotten out of control and Brownie’s having a good time! His costume is from the Pop It Ups Props 1 and 2. The stamps are Karen Burniston’s Farm Greetings and the balloons are from the Spiral Pull Card. Check out the other cards for this challenge – and play along! Hugs, Fran
Is it too early for Halloween?
1. Cut a piece of black card stock 5 1/2 x 7 1/4 and fold it in half to create your base.
2. Cut 2 pieces of Happy Haunting DSP Halloween paper (Holiday Mini catalog!) 3 3/8 x 5 1/4 and adhere to the inside.
3. Place your Rectangular Pull Card die, matching the alignment tab, and cut out.
4. Die cut and assemble Poppy the Owl making him as cute or scary as you’d like. Die cut 2 All Seasons Trees from black card stock. Cut two 2″ circles from white or vanilla.
5. Trim off most of the branches from the trees (do them at the same time so they match) and adhere one to the front of the card to create a branch. Add the circle as the moon and place Poppy on the branch.
6. Make 5 “bats” from the bow tie die in Props 2. Die cut the bow ties and use a hand held punch to punch the bottom of the wings. Karen also has a little tutorial on creating bats from Cocoa the Horse’s hair!
7. Match up the second branch to the inside left of your card. Adhere a moon to the spinner on the inside and decorate with bats and die cut words using Alphabet 1 or Peel Off stickers!
Cute or scary, it’s fun! Hugs, Fran
Here’s another practice piece made into a Pop It Ups Rectangular Pull card. It was a long, snowy winter and I did lots of these – hope you don’t get bored! The image in Saturated Canary’s Reader colored with Copic markers. I used Real Red card stock and Marina Mist Designer Series paper and ribbon for the card.
Inside is the Pop It Ups piece that comes with the Rectangular Pull Card die. The sentiment is from Four You in Real Red. This has become one of my favorite dies because so many things fit on it! Hugs, Fran
It’s been snowing here – really, really snowing. 17 inches of snow! So I’ve been coloring 🙂 This is Saturated Canary’s Ellie’s Birthday on a Pop It Ups Rectangular Pull Card using Remembering Your Birthday as the sentiment on Best Year Ever Designer Series paper – colored with Copic markers! Did I mention we had a big snow?
When you open it up, balloons from Pop It Ups Props 2 and packages from the Evergreen Pivot card decorate the inside.
And the sentiment says it all! I’ve pulled everything I own out while doing this card! (Did I mention it snowed?) Hugs, Fran
Still snowed in so I’m playing with my Copic Markers. This image is Saturated Canary’s Willow. I used the Park Lane Designer Series paper and Karen Burniston’s Pop It Ups Rectangular Pull Card and Paris Edges dies to create the card. The wonderful thing about using this die is that these images fit perfectly on the front. So my practice pieces don’t just sit in a pile – they become cards.
On the inside I used a sentiment from Bloom with Hope. There are some very beautiful sayings in this set – but this one is my favorite. Hugs, Fran
I love this Valentine set from the Occasions Mini – Hey Valentine! For this card, I colored the fish with my Blendabilities and used Karen Burniston’s new Rectangular Pull Card for the card. The “wave” edge is her new Beach Edges. The glasses on the yellow fish are filled with Crystal Effects 🙂
As you open the card, there is a mechanism (optional) that pops up so your card becomes even more interactive! Too cute!
The paper is from the Saleabration pack – Best Year Ever. Perfect for water, snow or sky. You need some!! Hugs, Fran