A spooky treat! This candy bar pull up is certainly looking more “cute” than “spook!” The Mummy is the easiest design to make – strips of card stock, sponge the edges, start layering! I stamped the sentiment from Haunt Ya Later and added to the front, added some 1″ eyes and little gogglie things – and it’s ready to scare and share 🙂
The Rubber Stamping and Scrapping Garage sale is this Friday and Saturday! If you’re in Lexington, Ky you need to come check it out!
A friend of mine asked me to decorate some letters for a baby shower she’s going attend. The new baby will be named Rhodes and his room is being decorated in a superhero theme. Using some cut files from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons, I cut these images multiple time and paper pieced them onto the letters. I did put some Mod Podge over the superhero images – I just wasn’t sure how well they’d hold up without it. Hope she likes it!
In the meantime, it’s 8 below zero here!! Another day to stay inside and stamp! Hugs, Fran
Here’s a set that’s perfect not only for Valentines, but any occasion. It’s called Hey, Valentine – but as you can see, I masked off the Valentine part and just used “you’re a treasure.” The bag is made with the new Mini Treat Bag Thinlit. This is a great die that can be used as a flat or standing bag.
I matted my little image on a “sailor’s wheel” made with a circle punch and Word Window punch. The image is colored with Blendabilities. This would work for Valentine or birthday treats – or any occasion calling for candy! Hugs, Fran
Today is Challenge day for the Karen Burniston Design Team! This month we were challenged to use the characters – Chilly, Hoppy and Poppy! On this project I used Chilly to decorate a jar for gift giving. There are 6 Chillies around this blue Bell jar and some sweet snowflakes from Karen’s Garden Bench die. I added rhinestones so he could have some bling.
I used Stampin Up’s Oh My Goodies to make the label for the top which matches the Deco Label Collection Framelits – that were designed by Karen! Stamped in Real Red and then again in Basic Black, the center is punch with an oval punch and popped up. I tied the rim with some Real Red cotton ribbon. Then I filled the jar with peppermints!
Next I made a card using Stampin Up’s new In Colors and Flowerpot Designer Series paper. Again I used Oh My Goodies and the Deco Label Collection for the front. The edges of the card are done using two of Karen’s Agatha edges.
And inside is Hoppy on Karen’s Lorna Label PopUp. He’s sitting by his pond with a Stampin’ Up’s Just Sayin die cut with the Chalk Talk dies. Hoppy comes with his own lily pad and flies! I attached the flies to some fishing line and mounted them between the lily pads.
The flower is from Stampin Up’s Flower Patch (that also has a matching Framelit set.) Hoppy is done in Garden Green and Pear Pizzazz. His “pond” is in Lost Lagoon. Hope you are enjoying meeting the characters! Check out the rest of the gang by visiting Karen’s Facebook page and seeing what the rest of the team has created! And come back tomorrow to see what’s going on with Poppy! Hugs, Fran
Welcome to a new catalog year! Here is a banner I made to greet my Open House guests today. You can find all of the elements to create banners on pages 202-203 in the NEW catalog. They are easy to make and add a wonderful splash of color to any area. The flowers on the banner can be seen here. Since they are on clothespins, I can use them for other things when I decide to take this banner down.
The colors for the backgrounds of the banner are from left to right, Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Delightful Daffodil, and Rich Razzleberry. The funny part is that I used the new In Color Blackberry Bliss to make the purple flowers. (Not because I intended too – just getting old!) Hugs, Fran
This is part of a project that I’m doing right now. These little scallop flowers are made with the Crepe paper filters and punch with the largest Scallop punch. I punched 8 for each flower and sprayed them with a mix of alcohol and reinker. After they dried, I pierced a hole in the middle of the stack of circles and secured them with a mini brad. Then you simply pull each layer up, one at a time, and scrunch them. Once they are all “scrunched”, gently pull them down until you get the desired look.
I glued them onto a medium size clothes pin covered with Old Olive DSP. These are not as big as regular clothes pins – but no where near as small as minis. I used glue to attach them.
I’m planning on getting this project finished today. I have one more trip to make to my parents to finish their big move.
I hope you had a wonderful long weekend! Mine was filled with family, friends and even a wedding – perfect! Hugs, Fran